Clean Harbors Canada is looking for a Director of Labor Relations. This position will provide HR advice, guidance and support to all levels of management on Labor Relations and HR related matters including but not limited to grievance matter(s), arbitration(s), employee conduct and capability and organizational change. The Director will also be responsible for developing and providing supervisory/management training on HR and Labor relations issues (progressive discipline, performance management, etc.) as well as CBA interpretation.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always;
- Build good working relationships with union leadership, supervisors, line managers, business unit leaders, and HR staff;
- Work with local management, and supervisors on handling employment law and labor relations issues; recommend and help implement appropriate actions, both on the union and non-union level;
- Serve as a resource to managers and subordinate staff members on labor relation best practices to help ensure fair treatment of employees within the context of applicable labor contract provisions, work rules, and established policies and procedures;
- Monitor and report highlights of labor relations trends, developments, and events;
- Participate in negotiations for all labor contracts;
- Represent the company's interests in claims and proceedings involving grievances, arbitration, union organizing, unfair labor practices, unemployment compensation, worker's compensation, wage and hour issues, and discrimination issue;
- Standardized processes for investigation and resolution of issues. Obtain management concurrence and design short- and long-term labor relations strategies and policies;
- Investigate and resolve associate complaints, issues. and concerns regarding employment practices originating from various sources;
- Research, evaluate, and mediate various labor and employment issues that may result in employment litigation;
- Other Duties as assigned.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- BS/BA in Business, commerce, or other related field;
- 5+ years of related industry experience;
- CPHR designation required;
- Ability to research, identify relevant information, and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions and support recommendations and plans of action;
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to influence others;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Requires detailed knowledge of national, state or provincial, and local government statues, regulations, and mandates applicable to the assigned human resources functions; Personal computing skills, including Internet, excel spreadsheets, and database management;
- Ability to travel 50% - 75%.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.