Safety-Kleen is seeking a Refinery Specialty Fuels Business Development Manager responsible for all aspects of Sales of Specialty Products including Sales, Prospecting, business development, and sales execution for the SK Oil team. A background in industrial fuels, asphalt and/or Marine Fuels is an ideal candidate for this position.
This position offers a remote/virtual work environment. Candidates must have access to a major airport to facilitate effective and efficient travel as needed.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner
- Act as a Safety-Kleen Oil subject matter expert guiding new business and growth strategy
- Demonstrate hunter mentality to seek out and develop new revenue opportunities; consistently prospect at the local and national level
- Use insight and consultative selling techniques to work with customers for solutions to business issues
- Research prospective accounts to identify the right customer stakeholders to sell to
- Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges
- Develop and implement sales plans for accounts to support the Company in achieving profitable revenue growth (e.g., detailed revenue potential estimates for all sites, analysis of decision process and key players, monthly plans for activity and revenue growth for each account)
- Deepen existing business relationships by continuing to increase account satisfaction with follow up with service delivery and deliver ever improving customer service
- Successfully propose, negotiate, and close profitable revenue opportunities at existing and new customers by leveraging strong relationships with multiple layers in organizations
- Effectively communicate the account strategy to the Supply, Logistics and Customer Service teams, field sales organization and all relevant internal stakeholders
- Evaluate customer needs, understand market drivers and forces, and ensure appropriate service/product delivery and pricing
- Understand account profitability, value, and potential to develop strategy to maximize profit and increase market share
- Develop, present and manage an ongoing strategic territory plan which outperforms company expectations
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with 5+ years of related experience or equivalent experience of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in Sales and Sales Support within the Oil and Energy industry
- Verifiable track record of developing new business (identifying, creating, and closing deals) and executing sales strategy; target customer selection, sales processes, account development and multi-tiered relationship building
- Ability to Influence and cultivate strong internal relationships and develop sales support resources
- Strong Understanding of fuel pricing, market indices, COGS, and gross profit margins
- Ability to prospect, network, and foster business relationships for increased sales, and ability to cross sell other products and services from the Clean Harbors’ businesses
- Meeting goals with sense of urgency to maintain forward momentum daily
- Ability to identify and maintain vendor relationships where required
- Ability to draft price quotes and respond to RFQ’s for short turn-around
- Ability to develop bid strategy for maximum profitability while maintaining competitive edge
- Reporting client activity to management team on a regular basis
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Demonstrates sound business judgment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to deadlines
- Self-starter and autonomous goal achiever that can also works well in a team
- Proficient in digital applications including but not limited to PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Proficient in Salesforce.com or similar CRM application as way of working
- Ability to travel internationally as needed (Canada)
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and
we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class. Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.