Clean Harbors is looking for an Industrial Hygienist, known internally as a Sr Health and Safety Manager, to join the team. The Industrial Hygienist will be responsible to champion the Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health programs at all Clean Harbors locations. Position will require travel up to 40 %+.
The ideal candidate will be located in Texas, however position may have some flexibility in location.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Will be responsible to champion the Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health programs at all Clean Harbors locations.
- This position provides the scientific expertise and effort necessary to bring control practices into facilities and processes with the objective of reducing workplace injuries and adverse health effects while maintaining compliance with Occupational Health and Safety criteria (Corporate as well as Governmental).
- Considerable time is spent conducting exposure surveys including, but not limited to, ergonomics, evaluating employee exposure to particulates, solvents, and gases as well as physical agents such as noise, illumination and heat stress.
- Will be expected to participate in company audit programs and inspections as well as participate and liaise in external audits or inspections with Federal or State Safety and Health Inspections.
- Must ensure that Occupational Health concerns are promptly addressed and presented to management and assistance is provided in the problem-solving process. Frequent communication with the Corporate Industrial Hygienist is necessary to ensure departmental objectives, initiatives and activities are addressed in a timely manner.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with mid to large size manufacturing, petrochVemical or chemical processing operations is desirable. Experience must be predominantly in the practice of Industrial Hygiene including performing IH exposure assessments, exposure measurements as well as recommending control technologies, PPE and workplace practices including ergonomic improvements.
- Experience with hazardous waste treatment, storage or disposal operations is a plus.
- A strong knowledge of science, especially math and/or chemistry is very desirable.
- Experience interacting with regulatory personnel, unionized workforces, and Workplace Safety Committee operations is also desirable.
- Must have excellent communication and analytical skills to effectively communicate (written and oral) with all levels of management, employees, regulatory personnel and medical consultants.
- Must be competent in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under frequently changing priorities and translate data and observations into measurable metrics.
- Must have a strong math and/or chemistry background.
- Frequent travel (including Canada) is required to perform field exposure assessments/measurements (estimated at 30-40% travel).
- May be required to utilize a variety of personal protective equipment and to conduct exposure assessments in environments that include hazardous waste landfills, incinerators, treatment facilities, laboratories and offices.
- The individual selected must be willing to aggressively pursue CIH status if not currently certified.
- Participate in Continuing Educational activities and Professional Development Courses to maintain Certification status and keep abreast of Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health technical and professional developments.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company