The Senior Payroll Tax Analyst is an integral part of the Tax, Payroll and Human Resources Department and is responsible for the management of the outsourced payroll tax function and the internal audit function as it relates to payroll related expenses.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Act as the primary contact with ADP Tax Filing to ensure all filings are completed in a timely and accurate manner; lead efforts to resolve all legacy payroll tax issues
- Prepare any ancillary US and Canadian payroll tax returns that are not supported by ADP
- Manage any outside payroll tax consultants to ensure accurate and timely compliance
- Manage internal and external tax audits in order to minimize potential tax expense
- Keep the Tax Director informed of key issues and happenings; Keep current on general payroll tax knowledge
- Assist the entire HR/Payroll team with any financial or tax related initiatives including the assistance of the Canadian staff with payroll tax audits, EI & CPP Contributions, etc
- Lead efforts to obtain payroll tax refunds where appropriate
- Recommend ways to minimize payroll taxes through the use of tax laws and regulations, and minimize tax exposure through sound and informed application of tax laws and regulations
- Assist with payroll tax related integration efforts for Clean Harbors
- Support the HR organization with Form 5500 filings for all benefit plans
- Act as the primary liaison between the internal audit staff and the external audit staff of Deloitte and the Clean Harbors HR/payroll staff; assist accounting with monthly reconciliations
- Lead efforts to lower the number of payroll companies that are currently in existence
- Support Vice-President of Payroll and Tax Director with efforts to create a formal expatriate and cross border program; assist with tax equalization efforts for the organization to ensure cross border employees are in compliance with all tax regulations
- Ensure the accuracy of all SIT/SUI, EI, EHT, etc rates for accurate tax reporting and budgeting in both US & Canada
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline preferred. MST and/or MBA or CPA preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience within a corporate payroll or tax department
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong analytical skill and aptitude
- Multi-state Payroll Tax knowledge
- Canadian Tax knowledge is a plus
- Strong problem-solving abilities
Join our team today! To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.