Our Bilingual Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will support Business Leaders and field-based employees located in Canada. This role will provide coaching, guidance and influence that enables the effective development and delivery of people initiatives to execute business strategy and operational plans. Working in conjunction with the HR Centers of Excellence, the HRBP will contribute to the development and delivery of Employer of Choice focused HR solutions that support business units across the organization.
This position will be ideally based at one of our Clean Harbors locations in Burlington, Sarnia or Breslau, Ontario supporting operations across Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic region.
** Relocation Package Available**
Fully bilingual in French and English, both verbal and written required.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive base salary with opportunity for annual bonus
- Relocation Package available for non-local (Eastern Canada) candidate
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career!
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Strategically works with business leaders to develop and deploy effective employee lifecycle planning including workforce planning, talent acquisition and employee development to meet current and future business needs;
- Oversees the development and execution of people strategies that align and support overall business strategy;
- Partners closely with all teams within the HR department to drive and deliver innovative and value-added HR solutions;
- Acts as the subject matter expert for laws, regulations and procedures related to employment and labour standards in Ontario and Quebec;
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of Provincial and Federal legislation related to day-to-day management of employees;
- Ensures effective, thorough and objective investigations are completed while acting as a point of escalation for complex employee relations issues;
- Executes and leads programs to understand and improve employee engagement, employee retention and turnover reduction;
- Trains managers/employees on company policies/procedures and other organizational development training programs;
- Helps administer union agreements for assigned unions and organizations;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Human Resources, Business, Commerce or Labor Relations;
- Fully bilingual in French and English, both spoken and written. To be successful in this role, strong capabilities across both languages is essential;
- CPHR or equivalent designation is preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of progressive HR experience providing consultative and strategic support on a broad range of HR related issues;
- Experience in an Industrial, Environmental or Energy industry is preferred;
- Experience supporting field-based employees ideal;
- Previous Labour Relations experience is considered an asset;
- High level of interpersonal, coaching and facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including strong presentation and public speaking skills;
- This position will be required to travel at least 30% of the time, but may require more based on business needs.
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483)
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Clean Harbors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.