Location: West Sacramento, CA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2021
Category: Operations Supervisors
Job ID: 73884
The Field Service Foremen is responsible for the supervision of Field Technicians I & II. Ensures that Health and Safety requirements are adhered to and that the work is performed on time and within budget.
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Maintains up-to-date confined space supervisor and emergency response supervisor certifications.
• Organizes crews, delegates job responsibilities and verifies that the appropriate equipment is available and on-site to complete the project/job.
• Works with the Field Service Coordinator in the allocation of manpower, equipment and other resources needed for the next day.
• Communicates with the Field Service Specialist to ensure contractual obligations are met. Prepares and submits project progression status reports and ensures change orders are completed/communicated and executed before any additional work is performed.
• Quick and immediate response when you are on call or secure coverage for your shift and communicate your replacement's name to the coordinator.
• Accurate completion and submission of daily work sheets for proper billing to customer.
• Health and Safety issues on assigned projects/jobs.
• Training and mentoring of Field Technicians I & II and will also provide input to the Field Service General Manager regarding performance evaluations for individuals to whom this position has direct supervision.
• Maintains in good working order and appearance assigned Company vehicle and other equipment that is assigned.
• Timely reporting of work-related accidents/incidents to their supervision.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
• High School diploma or equivalent required. Degree in Environmental Studies is preferred.
• 2+ years work or industry related experience.
• Knowledgeable and able to perform excavations.
• Heavy equipment operation experience.
• Emergency Response Supervisor training and Marine Spill Response training preferred.
• Knowledge of chemicals and background preferred.
• Must pass both written and practical competency exam for a field service foreman.
• Must complete and keep current confined space entry (CSE) training.
• 40 Hour OSHA Training.
• Valid drivers license and clean driving record.
• Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR) preferred.
• Knowledge of RCRA requirements/regulations.
• Understands the manpower and equipment requirements that are required to complete assignments.
• Leadership, supervisory and mentoring skills.
• Able to travel, work weekends, wear a pager and be on-call.
• Able to work with little if no direct supervision and an aptitude to complete assigned work.
• Strong mechanical ability.
• Able to make real-time decisions in the field.
• Requires standing, lifting, pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching.
• Requires climbing, speaking, listening, need to determine color and need clarity of vision at 2 feet or more (with or without lenses).
• Occasional requires sitting, walking, and crawling.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.