The Senior Health Safety Manager provides comprehensive safety and health direction and support to the operations in their assigned area. As a member of our team you will help identify, develop, and implement programs and activities necessary to prevent incidents. This will include providing guidance and direction to management and various personnel on implementing Health and Safety Programs and promoting continuous safety improvement.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Audit performance and compliance with policies, programs, and procedures;
- Assist in development and review of safety and health programs;
- Identify new health and safety programs needs or changes to existing programs;
- Advise and represent the Company during regulatory actions;
- Attend operations meetings to review health & safety concerns and issues;
- Serve as a member of the Health & Safety Committee(s);
- Conduct Safety Meetings on topics designed to promote a better understanding of company policies, programs, procedures or general health and safety;
- Participate as a technical member on Health and Safety Committee, and assists in driving completion of meetings;
- Manage safety equipment inspection and testing programs, and maintain equipment;
- Inspect emergency equipment;
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Health and Safety policies, programs, procedures and guidelines, and proper work practices needed to maintain a safe and healthful operation and work site;
- Complete site inspections and audits for each field site visited, and discuss the results with the job site Foreman and Branch Manager;
- Conduct periodic health and safety inspections and audits of facility shops to assure adherence to OSHA regulations and proper health and safety practices;
- Refers non-compliance conditions, uncooperative supervision, illness or accident trends to the Regional Health and Safety Manager.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent (Associate’s degree in occupational health and safety or a closely related field preferred);
- 3-5 years of progressive Health & Safety experience;
- Understanding of OSHA regulations;
- Professional certification (CSP) preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of Federal and State health and safety regulations;
- Assist with and support industrial hygiene related programs;
- Maintain records and documentation in relation to jurisdictional requirements including the tracking of corrective and preventative actions identified through inspections, audits, and incident investigations;
- Mechanical aptitude or previous shop experience is considered an asset;
- Strong time management skills;
- Ability to work with little to no supervision;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Strong coaching and mentorship skills;
- Experience in safety management systems and risk assessment preferred;
- Strong computer literacy;
- Experiencing managing others preferred;
- Ability to travel on average 50%+;
- Experience with training employees in company required standards and policies along with regulatory training requirements.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company