Clean Harbors is currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer to manage a team of developers in the creation, modification and support of in-house and / or 3rd party business applications. The Team Lead will work closely with project management and business analysists to identify, define and prioritize software development projects within their domains. The Team Lead will also be the go-to person for the integration between our internal systems and 3rd party routing implementation.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Collaborates with Project Managers to manage development team projects and resources, determine and assign team member tasks, and report on progress for software development;
- Collaborates with Business Analysts to determine feasible solutions to business objectives;
- Performs code reviews and otherwise monitors team for adherence to design and process guidance;
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems; flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle;
- Leads development / design meetings, provides implementation direction, reviews and approves proposed solutions;
- Be the expert on the integration between internal ordering systems and 3rd party cloud based routing software.
- Responsible for project and task estimates of the team;
- Ensure on-going support levels and monitor / resolve production support issues to ensure systems remain available to the business;
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential;
- Perform all HR management tasks necessary for development of the team and its members including hiring, performance reviews, compensation and promotion decisions and corrective actions;
- Mentor, assist and guide the career development of all direct reports.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree required, specialization in Engineering strongly preferred;
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Microsoft .net technology stack, web services, and ASPX and MVC web development;
- Interpersonal and team management skills and teamwork;
- Written and verbal communication; Attention to detail;
- Analyzing information, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving;
- Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.