Clean Harbors is actively recruiting a Vice President of Operations to join our Technical Service National Business Line team. The VP of Operations is responsible for the safe and effective execution of our dedicated labor workforce in our customers. These customer contracts are among the most important to the organization as we have nested labor that reports daily to our customer sites directly – an extension of their workforce. We manage a range of simple to complex contracts with as few as one employee on site all the way to over 20 employees at a single customer. This role is focused on delivering quality services, increasing share of wallet at our existing customers and works directly with our Sales teams on closing new opportunities. This role is also focused on improvements to our offering that continues to drive significant value to our customers beyond a simple economic transaction. This role works closely with the field management teams (Operations, Health and Safety, Compliance, Sales) to improve our operations at all levels to assure quality control with respect to compliance, safety, and operating policies in accordance with company protocols. Works closely with their respective teams (District VPs, Sales Managers, Corporate Account Managers, Technical Services District Managers and Branch Managers), developing significant internal relationships. They will also work closely with customers to fully understand their current and future needs and be proactive in developing new programs to meet those needs and assure CHES is the leader in creating solutions in our industry.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Ensures standardization of operational procedures is executed across all contracts. Works with their team on identifying new tasks and ensures we bring our H&S peers into the discussion for creation of new JHAs.
- Working with the team to create efficient, standardized operational protocols for InSite Services. Keeping them current with market. Rolling them out and updating them as needed to meet the market and operational team's needs.
- Meeting with customers and potential customers to gain an understanding of what works well, what needs improvement and what they are looking for from a waste vendor. Develop relationships to ensure customer interaction to allow resolution of issues.
- Employee Hiring – ensures we have proper staffing for all customers, including trained backups for each site and role. Maintains floating staff that ensures consistency of service and proper staffing levels and titles – each and every day. Communicates and works closely with our Recruiting partners to provide feedback on what is and is not working to bring new staff on board. We measure Time to Job Ready (TTJR) – a KPI that outlines the length of time each new employee takes to be ready to work, from posting of new position to first billable hours.
- Employee Engagement, Development and Career Pathing – ensures his direct reports and the Program & Project Managers that work for their direct reports regularly meet with their employees to have discussions on how we are doing as a management team, how the organization is in working with their team and, most importantly, how our employee is doing, their future goals and how we can ensure they meet their career aspirations.
- Ensures we exceed customer expectations – from our site-specific scope of work, the Service Level Agreements and KPI/Metrics we perform, all the way through executing and documenting our process improvements and cost avoidance/improvement ideas and actual savings to our customers.
- Ensures our company systems are embedded into our programs. These include Compliance Inspection, Waste Inventory and our Clean Harbors Online Services (CHOS) portal.
- Develops improvement ideas on our technology and operating processes that would improve our services and value to our customers.
- Increases revenue and share of wallet across each customer. With an embedded team at the customer, we have a unique opportunity to increase lines of business – including Field Services, Industrial Services and Safety Kleen, plus other waste streams that may be shipped to competitors.
- Ensures we have a strong implementation plan with new accounts that is conveyed through the sales process and executed upon award.
- Ensures that customer Quarterly Business Reviews are scheduled with customers and a team effort of the Account Owner, InSite District Manager, Program/Project Manager and local Branch/District teams participate in creating the discussion points. Tracks QBRs through Teams and communicates schedule with applicable local Sales & Operations leadership for their participation in preparation and in the meeting itself.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Must have significant management experience of employees – 10+ years minimum
- Preferred – waste industry or integrated facility management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sciences or related fields, in lieu of degree, 5+ years of alternative education and experience may be accepted.
- Master’s in business or science preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Communication skills and capabilities to lead customer presentations.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.