The Facility Operations Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of plant personnel and operations, such as loading/offloading vans, sampling / analyzing / storing drums, and accurately assigning classification codes and process types.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Performs multiple site-specific plant operations, including, but not limited to, drum sampling, sample analysis, truck offloading/loading in compliance with DOT segregation requirements, scanning applications for waste tracking, proper assignment of waste classification codes and process types, and proper warehousing;
- Supervises multiple Receiving Techs / Chemists and waste receiving operations;
- Ensures that employees follow and maintain all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures, holds employee’s accountable;
- Ensures that supervised operations/employees understand and have ownership for area specific permit required compliance standards;
- Works under the direction of the Plant Operations Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- 3+ years supervision experience (preferred);
- Experience with hazardous waste or in environmental industry highly preferred;
- DOT knowledge preferred;
- Forklift training/experience preferred;
- Ability to work 12 hour day shifts, 4 days on and 4 days off with weekends and holidays as needed;
- Strong attention to detail and decision making skills;
- Ability to work in team environment;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications;
- Ability to work a rotating shift if necessary (nights and days);
- Organizational and leadership skills.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and
industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.