Clean Harbors is currently seeking a Law Clerk (Internally knows as Admin Assistant) to function at our Corporate Headquarters in Norwell, MA. The function of the Law Clerk is to act as an assistant to the departments’ attorneys and/or paralegals. The Law Clerk works in a support capacity and performs a wide range of duties related to the disposition of particular matters. A significant portion of the assignments will involve civil litigation and employment law matters.
This is a temporary position.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- High level of interaction (i.e. speaking on the phone) with the employees in the field, customers, Courts, opposing counsel, outside counsel, and third parties;
- Conserve in-house counsel’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence, drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information, and initiating telecommunications;
- Resolving conflicts and negotiating with outside entities and individuals;
- Legal department administrative duties, including but not limited to paper and electronic file organization/maintenance, scanning, copying and binder creation;
- Assist attorneys with litigation and pre-litigation matters;
- Support the legal department with other projects as requested;
- Actively manage your own case load.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
This position is at-will and temporary in nature. The position contemplates part time working during school but may be full-time during school breaks. The position requires that applicants be available for employment for a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week during the school year.
- You are currently enrolled in Law School;
- Must be a juris doctor candidate;
- Fluent in the written and spoken English language and strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Ability to draft legal research summaries and other legal documents which are clear, concise, logically constructed, and based on thorough analysis and sound reasoning;
- High level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently;
- Ability to think creatively – be proactive in conflict resolution and think outside the box to collaborate and find new solutions;
- Ability to multi-task in a complex and fast-paced inter-disciplinary legal environment, entailing timely collection of facts, identification and resolution of issues, enumeration of options, and formulation of recommendations;
- Some litigation and/or employment experience preferred, but not required.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us. We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.