Location: Waynoka, OK, United States
Date Posted: Jun 2, 2021
Category: Chemical Tech & Management
Job ID: 73701
|Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.|
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, Employee Stock Program, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
The Lab Chemist II is responsible for the routine analysis of samples to determine their chemical and physical properties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Performs basic analysis of samples following prescribed procedures.
• Calibrates and utilizes basic instrumentation.
• Maintenance of equipment under direct supervision.
• Completes all paperwork associated with the analyses in a neat and timely fashion (ex., calibration logs, run logs, etc.).
• Ensures that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines.
• Responsible for supply management in their area of responsibility.
• Responsible for proper management of waste generated as a result of analytical procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment that is in compliance with all applicable OSHA regulations as well as all applicable company Health and Safety and Compliance protocols.
• Works under the direct supervision of more senior members of the laboratory.
• Reviews all applicable laboratory SOPs, annually, and scores a satisfactory score on SOP quizzes.
• Responsibility for supply management in their area of responsibility, including proper housekeeping and best management practices.
• Responsible for adherence to all applicable CHES policies and CHES SOPs.
• Performs job functions in compliance with the company standard: Clean Compliance
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and complexity of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification, and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and responsibilities required of personnel assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalency.
• BS in Chemistry or related science.
• 1+ years of experience in a laboratory setting.
• Solid understanding of math, chemistry and chemical testing.
• DOT training.
• 24 or 40 hour OSHA training and annual updates
• Good organizational skills, decisiveness and initiative.
• Computer skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Lifting up to 50 lbs from the ground to your waist
• Climb up and down vertical ladders
• Capable of reaching out, over and down exerting a force
• 20/20 eyesight corrected or uncorrected - depth perception is critical
• 10 pushups, deep knee squats and sit-ups (to determine if fit)
• Good hand/eye coordination
Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer