Our Bakersfield, CA location is currently seeking a Class A OTR Driver to join our team. This position will collect hazardous and non-hazardous waste from our customer sites and transport that waste to a Clean Harbors location or other designated disposal site.
**This position requires overnight travel and will be away 1-3 weeks at a time travelling throughout the West Coast and Central USA.**
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Picks up waste from Clean Harbors facilities and/or customer locations utilizing roll-off units, dry van, end-dump, flatbed and/or tankers;
- Adheres to weights and ensures proper utilization of the units;
- Secures loads for safe transportation;
- Placards vehicle in accordance to Company and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements/regulations;
- Maintains daily logs, time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement required;
- Tanker endorsement, or willingness to obtain upon hire;
- 2-years of commercial driving experience;
- Previous roll-off driving experience;
- Ability to travel overnight up to 3 weeks away from home at a time; per diem included
- Ability to operate an 18 speed transmission
- Ability to use a hand-held device.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483)
Apply today! Visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.