The Opportunity The Field Chemist (Entry Level - Class B CDL) works both indoors and outdoors at plants, labs, and customer sites; and is responsible for performing with daily lab packs within customer facilities, household hazardous waste (HHW) collections and lab moves. Overnight travel. Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Over Night Travel – 40% - Must be prepared to travel 2-3 nights weekly
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Safe and compliant execution of lab pack projects/jobs and the proper packaging of material/waste and off-specifications of commercial products.
- Generate required documents and assure driver of an expedient pick-up. Load/pack materials/wastes properly and segregate the waste material on transport vehicle.
- Overall quality control of waste materials to be shipped.
- Understand customer specific disposal restrictions/special packaging requirements.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business
- What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Geology, or other Natural Science preferred
- Detailed oriented and able to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Valid CLASS B CDL Driver’s License and clean driver record
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us. We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company. *CH