Clean Harbors is looking for a Director of Managed Services to drive significant long-term business growth by developing appropriate strategies to increase the number of permanent work crews at customer locations. The Director of Managed Services formulates, develops, implements and measures market strategies, help grow target accounts, and develops penetration and business goals and objectives for industrial and specialty services lines of business which includes high pressure and chemical cleaning, and materials processing.
This role is also focused on improvements to our offering that continues to drive significant value to our customers beyond a simple economic transaction. This role works closely with the field management teams (Operations, Health and Safety, Compliance, Sales) to improve our operations at all levels to assure quality control with respect to compliance, safety, and operating policies in accordance with company protocols.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Develop short- and long-range business plans for Industrial Insite services consistent with existing market needs and corporate strategic plans;
- Establish a standard baseline audit protocol for all Insite programs; Communicate and document scope of compliance parameters for each Project location.
- Act as resource for compliance questions/ answers; Communicate regulatory and internal policy changes to project and provide operational application guidance and interpretation.
- Support the response to environmental compliance issues, including accident/ incident investigation, agency requests and unscheduled incidents.
- Responsible for coordination with sales and branch services along with other groups as appropriate to implement approved plans;
- Determine the Insite scope of work, develop and recommend pricing policies based on established gross margin objectives, and prepare plans for margin improvement where necessary;
- Identify competitors and prepare competitive analysis and formulate counter strategies for all new and existing services;
- Establish, execute and report on product line growth initiatives
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- 5-7+ years’ experience in Industrial/Insite Services;
- Knowledge of scoping and pricing Industrial and Specialty Services work.
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local environmental regulations as well as Clean Harbors policies and procedures related to field operations
- Knowledge of various types of equipment and job-types that are typical at large industrial facilities.
- Strong customer relationship management skills and ability to collaborate effectively with various functional groups and business units;
- Good communications skills, influence capabilities, and an ability to work within a team environment to achieve overall objectives.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.