Container Maintenance Mechanic - Bakersfield,CA
Location: Bakersfield, CA, United States
Date Posted: May 28, 2021
Category: Automotive Maintenance
Job ID: 73578
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive hourly wages with the opportunity for overtime
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times. Participate in company safety initiatives.
- Correct all equipment deficiencies and perform preventative maintenance on company owned equipment as prescribed by management.
- Perform thorough inspection of equipment and identify unsatisfactory condition and perform compliance and safety inspections on company equipment and property as required by management
- Perform welding, cutting, grinding, mechanical repair, and all other metal working techniques consistent with the container repair trade.
- Ensure full compliance with mandatory Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements during all work related activities and tasks.
- Maintain established shop housekeeping, building maintenance obligations and maintain all welding systems, general repair equipment, and shop tools.
- Support and assist coworkers during as needed during repair.
- Operate forklift and other types heavy lift equipment.
- Perform surface preparation of equipment prior to painting and apply paint or similar coatings using hvlp, airless, or manual tooling and processes.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- 1+ years of welding and mechanical experience in a fabrication/repair shop environment
- Welding Certification considered an asset
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to operate heavy equipment and be knowledgeable of the equipment types and accepted repair practices
- Successful completion of Structural Welding test
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- OSHA 24 hour training
- Ability to pass test and wear respirator