The Environmental Waste Program Manager known internally as an InSite Program Manager leads and manages a team of employees in supporting the execution of a client’s environmental management program. The InSite Program Manager serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors on a daily basis. They are responsible for and manage the client’s hazardous waste program.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Adhere to Health and Safety Practices of at all times while on site; Communicate H&S feedback with technical Services H&S efforts upon request, including data capture, site review, and delivery of training content if needed;
- Provides overall direction and administration of his/her site-based operation
- Manages the assigned personnel, equipment, material and subcontractors. This includes all administrative requirements
- Conduct facility wide compliance audits to include inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance;
- Ensures work performance is planned and coordinated according to schedule, quality and budget objectives
- Maintains the project work-site in a safe and environmentally sound condition per DOT, EPA and SA requirements
- Manage waste storage area and ensure that material is properly packaged, profiled and labeled prior to shipment.
- Acts as CHES-IS single point of contact with the customer for all operations issues.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required (B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science preferred);
- 5+ years of environmental experience;
- 5+ years of experience running a hazardous waste program;
- 3+ years experience running a hazardous waste program at a Government facility and working with Government Contracts;
- Management experience in areas of budgets, record keeping, supervision, planning and liability;
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials and programs related to environmental health, safety, and hazardous materials management;
- Familiarity with regulatory status requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators, such as RCRA, DOT etc;
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, puling and/or pushing, stooping and crouching;
- Requires lifting, carrying, grasping, speaking and listening.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.