Clean Harbors Norwell, MA is looking for an Environmental Project Manager, known internally as a Field Project Manager, to join their safety conscious team. The Environmental Project Manager is responsible for managing response actions involving site assessment and remediation. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the LSP overseeing and documenting response actions involving, Immediate Response Actions, Release Abatement Measures and Phase I and II investigations at hazardous waste sites. You will also prepare scopes of work, including cost estimates and schedules, as well as provide consulting support for field service offices.
Open to being based out of Springfield, North Andover, Norwell MA or Cranston RI offices.
Hours may vary.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manages and oversees small to midsize, technically complex projects involving waste site cleanup and construction, building and equipment decontamination and demolition.
- Prepare proposals, including cost estimates and work scopes and schedules.
- Acts as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding the customer issues.
- Oversee field supervisors and technicians in order to meet project objectives and remedial budget expectations.
- Provides engineering and technical support to field service offices.
- Manages procurement for projects including materials, equipment rental, temporary labor, and subcontractors.
- Provides timely, concise and relevant information to superiors and subordinates.
- Provides technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement.
- Enforce the policies and procedures as it relates to Health & Safety. Will be measured off the district’s health and safety record. Works closely with the Director of Health and Safety in resolving issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related disciplines.
- 5+ years’ experience in environmental assessment, remediation or site construction
- Cost estimating and computer experience.
- Ability to review and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong environmental remediation background and experience.
- In depth knowledge of remedial technologies.
- Proficient in Windows based activities.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong customer management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal silks.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations governing remedial sites.
- Able to pass a drug test and physical as part of preemployment.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.