Our Houston, TX location is searching for a Container Maintenance Mechanic to perform welding, metal fabrication, and repair of equipment, vehicles and other structures, as well as detailed inspections evaluating equipment to ensure proper condition.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Correct all equipment deficiencies and perform preventative maintenance on company owned equipment as prescribed by management
- Perform thorough inspection of equipment and identify unsatisfactory condition and perform compliance and safety inspections on company equipment and property as required by management
- Perform welding, cutting, grinding, mechanical repair, and all other metal working techniques consistent with the container repair trade
- Ensure full compliance with mandatory Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements during all work-related activities and tasks
- Maintain established shop housekeeping, building maintenance obligations and maintain all welding systems, general repair equipment, and shop tools
- Support and assist coworkers during as needed during repair
- Operate forklift and other types heavy lift equipment
- Perform surface preparation of equipment prior to painting and apply paint or similar coatings using hvlp, airless, or manual tooling and processes
- Other duties as assigned
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Welding experience
- Shop fabrication skills
- Ability to operate forklift
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We appreciate all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.