The Safety Training Supervisor will assist in supervising safety of all site employees. Train, develop and oversee employees through the facility in aspects of safety.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days
- Group 401(K) retirement savings with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Reports directly to the General Manager and subsequently reports to the Safety Manager II
- Assist in supervising safety of all site employees
- Train, develop and oversee employees throughout the facility in all aspects of safety
- Conduct classroom training for employees that include, but not limited to CPR, Respirator Training and fit testing. Process Safety Management (PSM) training, Fire Extinguisher check and usage, and etc.
- Solid understanding and established background in OSHA and State of Utah Safety is required
- Computer skills: spreadsheets, tracking and reporting is required
- Direct and assist employees that are coming due on their training and certifications
- 50% field time reviewing safety items at two facilities – Dugway, UT (aka Aragonite) and Clive, Utah (13 driving miles away)
- 50% office / classroom setting
- Other duties as assigned
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in plant operations environment
- Strong background in participating in Safety and Compliance programs
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS office suite
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We appreciate all those interested in joining Clean Harbors; only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.