The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the Management of the Vulsay warehouse. Duties include but are not limited to; providing leadership to employees, recruitment, training, scheduling, mentoring, coaching and support of all warehouse personnel as well as ensuring staff understand Clean Harbor's expectations and are set up for success during their employment with Clean Harbors.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Ensure that the warehouse is staffed to accommodate increasing or decreasing activity levels, scheduling staff and implementing shift work rotations;
- Maintain a cost-effective warehouse operation through working with suppliers as well as maintaining quality control efforts with product received by vendors;
- Ensure that all vendors are upholding Clean Harbor's H&S requirements when entering the yard and warehouse;
- Maintain MSDS binder and ensure that all MSDS sheets are regularly updated and shipped with the applicable product(s);
- Responsible for accurate inventory counts on a Monthly / Quarterly basis and ensure all inventory is rotated on a regular basis using the FIFO protocol and dates are checked consistently; Responsible for daily cycle counts. To Lead Monthly and Quarterly inventory counts.
- Proactively manage direct reports overtime requirements and any statutory holidays that need to be worked in a timely manner to eliminate any staff shortages;
- Active member of the Vulsay Leadership Team with a focus to decrease costs and create efficiencies in warehouse and delivery processes; Responsible for managing and maintaining Warehouse monthly scorecard.
- Ensure all capital assets are inventoried accurately and accounted for monthly, quarterly and annually;
- Ensure that stock shipped or received is accounted for accordingly by warehouse shipper / receivers;
- Approve weekly timesheets for warehouse employees ensuring accuracy and consistency;
- Complete the Performance Management Review & Plan with each employee, providing them with performance objectives and supporting their career growth and development;
- Ensure weekly Warehouse inspections are being completed
- Maintain a cost-effective warehouse operation through working with suppliers;
- Ensure that proper directions is passed onto Clean Harbor drivers and 3rd party delivery; and to ensure drivers follow CH Trans Compliance policy and procedures.
- Ensure that all Transport Canada TDG regulations are adhered to are in compliance.
- Hire, train/orientate, schedule, mentor, coach and support all warehouse staff setting an example by demonstrating Clean Harbors Priorities at all times, and educating employees on Clean Harbors policies, standards and best practices, and keeping them updated on changes to ensure employees have the proper training to meet Clean Harbors expectations.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and well-developed organizational skills.
- Strong sense of urgency, initiative and judgment with ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment handling multiple priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships.
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong understanding of Lean Principles: Min/Max, KanBan.
- Ability in the management and handling of Customer Service Request/issues
- Ability to Develop and present business cases to senior management
- Collaborate with other SK DC/Branch managers to ensure supply is available at all times
Join our team today! To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.