Our Tulsa, OK team is currently looking for Equipment Operator to be based out of Tulsa, OK.
The Equipment Operator I operates heavy equipment within the facility. Assures unit has daily maintenance duties performed and communicates any problems or issues with the unit immediately upon discovery.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages, overtime opportunities and weekly pay structure!
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K program with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Performs one of the following, backhoe, heavy duty crane, heavy duty forklift, and/or trackhoe.
- Operates a forklift as necessary.
- Completes daily checklist as required for proper operation of the unit being operated.
- Assures unit is never operated in an unsafe manner or in a manner which is inconsistent with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for waste tracking movements.
- Assures that all containers are properly secured, ie chockblocks, jackstands.
- Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures that work meets compliance standards within facility operation.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ years of equipment operating experience
- Training to operate equipment
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Demonstrates complete proficiency in operation of one of the following units: backhoe, heavy duty crane, heavy duty forklift, trackhoe
- Able to enter/exit heavy equipment without strain (sometimes climbing a ladder)
- Able to operate physical controls/pedals associated with the piece of equipment (manual dexterity)
- 20/20 eyesight corrected or uncorrected - depth perception is critical
- Needs good balance
- Ability to use tools and to assist in PM of Equipment
- Ability to lift hoods to assist with equipment repairs
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.