The MIS Project Manager oversees a team of information systems professionals who are engaged in various projects working directly with the Executive Management. The MIS Project Manager is responsible for managing a range of project initiatives focused in the .Net technologies, BI, Data Warehousing and Reporting space.
This includes identifying and managing cross-project dependencies, being the point of contact for escalations and has oversight of the purpose, status and priority of the projects in a program to ensure the program goals are met. The MIS Project Manager is also responsible for overseeing production support of completed projects.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Plan and schedule project goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders;
- Business Analysis for new projects;
- Daily scrum calls, inspect progress towards the sprint goal to create a plan for the next 24 hours, resolve dependencies;
- Run the sprint commit meetings, demos and retrospectives;
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise the team, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team; Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path;
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents for large strategic projects. Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Provide a quarterly roadmap with projects and resources to be in alignment with the business objectives for the program;
- Effectively communicate program and project expectations to executive management team, direct manager, team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Act as liaison with project stakeholders and executives on an ongoing basis;
- Where required, determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments to support project demands if necessary. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel;
- Status reporting.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Majors in Business preferred;
- 10+ years of experience. Alternative combinations of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of degree;
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred;
- Agile certification preferred;
- Must have implemented agile projects and well versed with agile methodologies;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial while also being persuasive, encouraging, and motivating;
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential;
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies .Net is essential. Strong T-SQL skills is a must. Understanding ETL architecture is also essential. .Net and SQL Server projects management experience is desired;
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies. Strong leadership skills, excellent verbal, written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.