The Purchasing and Materials Manager (internally known as Maintenance Planner MX) performs a variety of tasks including, ordering parts in accordance with manufacturing schedule, managing inventory balances, fulfilling parts requests, billing parts accurately to repair orders, managing on site administrative tasks, and actively participating in all facility activities.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Manage inventory levels and ordering needs based on production schedule and Build of Materials
- Receive and fill orders for parts from the production department and internal customers
- Work with the Production Manager to ensure inventory balances meet the required levels
- Procure parts from suppliers and issue purchase orders
- Maintain all regulatory paperwork as it pertains to procurement and purchasing
- Manage any returns needed for defective parts
- Label and put parts away in correct storage locations
- Lifting up to 50lbs independently.
- Carry out shipping and receiving duties in accordance with policy
- Coordinates the appropriate processing of purchase requisitions, receiving, reports, inventory requisitions applicable to items maintained and item cost analysis
- Ensures the purchase of materials and services are performed as required and consistent with policies and approval levels
- Tracks and keeps records of all materials received in accordance with ASME.
- Enters parts into repair order management system
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Willing to do occasional travel
- High School Diploma required
- Knowledge of inventory management systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to create actionable items out of data and information
- Strategic planning coupled with tactical execution
- Strong communication skills- verbal and written
- Ability to communicate with remote team members and management
- Critical thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use computer and applicable company software
- Proficient in MS Office Applications - MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Able to apply standards and processes that maintain regulatory compliance
- Strong leadership and personnel development skills
- Financial understanding, with the ability to set strategy against financial goals
- Understanding of metrics that drive asset refurbishment performance