Location: Sterling Heights, MI, United States
Date Posted: Jun 23, 2021
Job ID: 72729
We are currently seeking a Environmental Technician to be based out of Sterling Heights, MI to assist with hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
• Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
• Competitive wages;
• Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
• Group 401K with company matching component;
• Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
• Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
• Positive and safe work environments.
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time;
• Performs non-emergency and emergency response activities that deal with biological, chemical and etiological materials;
• Performs labor intensive activities in all weather conditions throughout the shift;
• Works in atmospheres with low clearances, confined spaces and at heights;
• Operates light and heavy equipment including: skid steers, forklifts, pressure washer.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
• Previous experience in industrial or construction based position is a strong asset;
• Willingness to obtain OSHA (40 hour) Certification;
• Valid Driver’s License and clean 3 year MVR required;
• Safety oriented mindset with the determination to follow all procedures and policies;
• Ability to travel and work on an on-call basis as business needs require;
• Ability and willingness to work in a physically intensive role.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.