The Director of Sales Canada - Energy Services will ensure the continued success, growth and development of the company’s Canada’s multifaceted energy service Business lines. This role focuses on the development and execution of a strategy for achievement of the long-term goals and objectives of key lines of business within the Clean Harbors suite of service offerings.
These goals and objectives include maximizing the utilization of Clean Harbor’s asset base; driving revenue growth; increasing margins through an effective pricing strategy; overall customer satisfaction and brand development.
Specifically, the Clean Harbors Energy Services group in Canada consists of Surface Rentals, portable and fixed Lodging, and Seismic/Exploration (mulching, shot hole drilling, surveying, and line locating). Each of these divisions have dedicated sales personnel that require management, direction, and mentoring.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner always.
- Develop and execute a strategy for achievement of the long-term goals of each division, including financial growth year of year.
- Identify new markets and opportunities for drilling services, exploration, production support, and other rental equipment.
- Identify opportunities for partnerships/joint ventures with companies already established in regions of interest.
- Monitor leading edge technology related to the design of drilling, completion, production rental, lodging, and other associated equipment to ensure Clean Harbor's complement of products is state of the art within the marketplace.
- Expand Clean Harbor's market share for the existing lines of business within the established oil & gas market sector.
- Develop new opportunities to diversify the business into new energy development including solar, wind, and geothermal.
- Be responsible for executing against the established sales budgets for each line of business.
- Deliver annual financial results in accordance with the budget and strategy and participate in monthly senior management meetings to review financial results for this division.
- Mentor and develop the sales teams to motivate consistent practices and sound go-to-market strategies.
- Expertise in utilizing CRM systems (preferably Salesforce.com) to drive behavior, enhance forecast accuracy and develop good sales acumen.
- Align each sales team with their branch product line team to understand the financial responsibility of the branch and align the sales budgets accordingly.
- Identify business development opportunities and market trends including acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures and capital programs.
- Develop and implement the national business vision, mission and strategic plan, including long-range and annual objectives that are compatible with the best interests of shareholders, customers, employee and supplies.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- BS/BA in Business/Commerce/Engineering strongly preferred, or in lieu of degree, 5+ years of related industry experience.
- Knowledge includes but is not limited to technical knowledge, system knowledge, operational knowledge, market knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the competitors and their capabilities.
- 5+ years’ experience in management within the drilling, exploration, completion and/or production rental industry.
- Self-motivated and maintain the ability to work with little supervision.
- Develop effective communication skills and leadership abilities.
- Develop and use effective customer service skills.
- 40-50% travel required.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.