Clean Harbors Emergency Operations Center has an exciting and high energy opening for Emergency Management Response Program Specialist (known internally as Program Specialist). This role is primarily responsible for providing premiere customer service to both external and internal customers. The Program Specialist will be a dynamic team player as part of a fast moving, professional support unit, able to provide a variety of support oriented communications and deliverables through telephone, email and face to face exchanges.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Responsible for the cost-effective coordination and direction of field personnel and equipment to complete assigned field service projects and emergency responses;
- Acts as the on-call coordinator on an as needed basis, and responds immediately when on call;
- Directs personnel in the operational procedures to complete assignments and understand manpower and equipment requirements to complete field service projects and emergency responses;
- Acts as office liaison for the field service personnel in the field;
- Enforces and ensures OSHA, EPA and H&S standards or regulations are compliant and responsible for the timely reporting of work-related accidents or incidents on customer’s behalf;
- Possess some awareness of Material Safety Data Sheets, how to read and interpret the data to create customer waste profiles;
- Possess some awareness of Hazardous Waste Manifests and their use in documenting and transporting Hazardous Materials;
- Proactively own assigned accounts and work to ensure you are aware of all aspects of your accounts to allow for timely and accurate delivery of any required reports, supporting communication and follow up to any client requests;
- Navigate CHES CRM and database to ensure client sites are set up correctly, create sales and purchase orders, initiate job folder set up;
- Assures daily billing of the business with expectation that billing is accomplished each day and is consistent each week and respond in a timely manner to all billing issues/questions on unbilled reports; Complete and submit short pay and credit rebill requests;
- Reach out to operational teams to locate missing or late documents (BOL's, Manifest, Worksheet, Photographs) and make sure they are entered into the system in a timely fashion;
- Completing OSHA reporting;
- Candidate will be needed to complete State regulatory reporting within all 50 states;
- Other Duties as Assigned.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 2+ years hazardous waste experience in field or related office position;
- 2+ years field service operations experience;
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local environmental regulations as well as Clean Harbors policies and procedures related to field operations;
- Intermediate expertise in Excel to analyze and produce customer reports;
- Familiarity with hazardous waste profiles or chemistry principles and knowledge of disposal processes and procedures;
- Excellent customer service and analytical skills to provide daily support to internal and external customers;
- Contract management and basic understanding of pricing and quoting policies;
- Computer literate with ability to become proficient on multiple systems;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with ability to interact with all levels of management;
- RCRA, DOT, or Hazwoper training a plus;
- Experience with State regulatory reporting within all 50 states preferred;
- Customer Service experience required;
- Computer and phone skills required.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.