The Director of Transportation Technology Systems is the leader for managing the company’s transportation application systems. The Director will work with Executives from MIS and operations to ensure the transportation applications are designed to support the business and drive bottom line results. They are the owner of the design, specification development, testing, training, implementation, and business adoption of all transportation systems. They will oversee all administrative functions required for the applications and automated tools to run efficiently while maintaining an accurate and up to date database to satisfy all organizational and informational tracking needs, customer reporting requirements, and any regulatory reporting requirements.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Interface with MIS department to meet the transportation needs with regard to system requirements and priority; design and spec new programs needed and debug existing programs;act as business analyst for new projects;
- Problem resolution: act as hotline to employees around the country for any internal system issues in the transportation space, including working with MIS for resolution. Cover level 1 issues with Service Now (internal system for issue resolution). Works closely with Inventory, Supply Chain, Distribution Center, Telematics, Asset and Maintenance Departments
- Database Management: Responsible for managing data for the transportation management system, working with dispatch planning branches, life cycle details, maintenance, mechanic worksheets, areas, tracking, etc;
- Training: Develop internal system training programs for the Transportation Management System Group personnel. Train employees on our systems via phone and Webex. Write SOP’s or training documents for any new systems releases to user community. Travel to Facilities to implement new standard operating procedures or assist with any problem areas affecting data management;
- Acquisitions: Lead integration team on any new acquisitions to get the transportation systems up and running on our internal system;
- Facilitate Team growth: Drive teamwork and collaboration between the Transportation Department and MIS to ensure we optimize time and efficiencies. Foster a results oriented, continuous improvement environment based on best-practice transportation management principles;
- Implement: Travel to facilities to implement new procedures or assist with any problem areas affecting transportation systems and data management;
- Drive results: Drive cost benefit analysis of the deployment or development of technology in the transportation operations. Process design or redesign to reduce cost or improve operational capability and improve service. Take care of key projects when necessary;
- Create and present internal status reports for EVP;
- Manage other areas as requested or directed by management.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree is related field;
- 7-10+ years Transportation (rail experience a plus), Dispatch, Technology or equivalent experience;
- 7-10+ Transportation application experience, IT systems experience and managing suite of applications;
- Comfortable initiating change; consciously managing and shaping change. Is able to handle the stress related to balancing multiple issues and perspective;
- Track record of successfully interacting and building relationships with C Level executives as well as frontline business owners
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment;
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills;
- Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving;
- Hands-on experience with complex Enterprise solutions and business applications;
- Positive "can do" attitude with focus on the success of the team over individual accomplishments.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.