Clean Harbors is looking for a Senior Payroll Administrator to join their safety conscious team! The Senior Payroll Administrator is responsible for computing advanced and more complex payrolls, setting priorities within the department, and interpreting payroll policy and procedures to field and corporate locations.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Proof changes, additions, and terminations paperwork received from HR personnel against generator reports and data; maintains employee payroll records;
- Import hours for weekly payroll and responsible for transmission of payroll to the payroll vendor;
- Monitor provisions of Collective Agreements/unions, Prevailing Wage/SCA (as applicable) and initiate changes to payroll vendor, including dues, etc.;
- Prepare tax and 401K contribution transfers, (loans, limits), as applicable
- Generate monthly/quarterly/annual reports for field/operations, HR, Accounting as required;
- Calculate and process manual checks, wire transfer requests, process retro-active payments in accordance with company policies;
- Maintain sick & vacation records/balances/accruals for employees in accordance with policies, and process corresponding year-end reporting as needed;
- Initiate stop payment and recall of direct deposits transactions, as approved by payroll management;
- Complete employment verifications/ROE's, unemployment forms, worker’s compensation forms, and Levy and Garnishment documentation and transactions;
- Perform reconciliations of deductions, weekly processing, monthly payroll reconcilations, etc and reporting discrepanices to Payroll Manager as appropriate, along with applicable/required research for problem resolution;
- Prepare W-2s/T4's at year-end (relocation, stock options, Declaraton of Employment, CPP/EI discrepancies,etc);
- Back up supervisor/mgr as needed in his/her absence;
- Respond to employee inquires, and management requests regarding payroll issues--keen customer service;
- Other duties as needed.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Specialized Accounting or Payroll Training preferred;
- None required, but working towards, or interested in pursuing, a CPM designation, a plus; or, holds a PCP (Payroll Compliance Practitioner) designation preferred;
- 5+ years payroll or related accounting experience
- Able to prioritize between multiple tasks;
- Able to maintain confidentiality ;
- Written and Verbal Communication skills;
- Customer focus and keen customer service
- Quick learning ability.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.