We are looking to add a Field Inspector/Project Scheduler to the Clean Harbors team. The Field Inspector/Project Scheduler supports a Project Manager and is responsible for overseeing cost control at customer locations where we manage remediation projects. You will be responsible for but not limited using Microsoft Projects to provide scheduling oversight on ongoing projects. You will be responsible for supporting the Project Manager in an operational capacity as well.
You do not need to live in a specific location, just within a reasonable distance from an airport. This position will be traveling across all states 6 weeks at a time and then home for 1 week, must be able to handle travel requirements. This position will work from home and/or branch when at home base. The other weeks you will be required to be on site at customer projects.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages with weekly overtime opportunities;
- Travel Expenses Paid for (Hotels & Per Diems, Travel Costs [Train/Vehicle/Air]), Mileage Reimbursement, including paid travel time;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options available!
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Supports Project Manager for our Remediation division on small to midsize, technically complex projects involving waste site cleanup and construction, building and equipment decontamination and demolition;
- Electronically track and record all costs associated with work being performed;
- Scan documentation to web/cloud-based programs;
- Assist with payroll worksheets and data entry;
- General administrative assistance in a remote location/field environment;
- Assist in the physical remediation process, field labor will be required occasionally;
- Travel overnight for up to six weeks at a time;
- Attend meetings and interface with customers alongside the Project Manager;
- Perform physical hands on labor tasks related to waste site cleanup and construction, building and equipment decontamination and demolition on site when required (occasionally);
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by Project Manager and management.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related disciplines is preferred;
- Expert Proficiency in Microsoft Projects; Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel; and Primavera experience is a plus;
- Ability to track project cost required;
- Valid Driver’s License and 3 Year MVR required;
- Previous construction and/or physical labor experience an asset;
- Ability and willingness to perform physical labor on site when required;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel across all states for extended periods of time, up to 50% of the time.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.