The District Sales Manager - Environmental is responsible to grow, expand, and maintain a required minimum base of revenues and several customers, and manage/coach all the Account Managers within the assigned district.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Hire, train, lead and coach outside sales representatives with setting account strategies, creating sales plans, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, and assisting with key customer accounts, as needed;
- Create and manage sales territories;
- Leverage an understanding of the local business environment to support the development of sales and marketing plans in alignment with the Regional strategy;
- Manage the overall business portfolio to maximize territory revenues;
- Develop local sales support tools and customer campaigns;
- Work closely with Branch General Manager (BGM) to ensure sales plans are being executed;
- Work in conjunction with the BGM to create and deliver sales performance evaluations;
- Actively participate in the development, growth, and retention of the top branch accounts;
- Assist the BGM in conducting interviews and onboarding of newly hired sales professionals;
- Develop sales force skills by evaluating Sales Representatives’ strengths/weaknesses;
- Work with the BGM to develop and present sales training and topics for branch personnel;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 5+ years of outside sales experience;
- 5+ years of directly managing a staff;
- Experience in the environmental industry is required;
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent additional experience required;
- Business acumen, including budgeting and forecasting skills;
- Successful track record in account management and development;
- Prior experience using CRM software tools to manage customers, territory, sales quotas and reporting;
- Customer relationship management and negotiating skills;
- Training and presentation skills;
- Previous experience with interviewing, hiring, developing and managing employees;
- Strong technical skills to include Microsoft Office Products;
- Ability to work through conflict management and settle disputes equitably;
- Persuasive communicator with strong oral and written skills;
- Motivation and team building skills;
- Ability to set clear objectives and measurements;
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills;
- Time management skills with strong ability to plan tasks and projects;
- Integrity and reliability;
- Ability to travel 15%;
- Valid driver’s license is required;
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.