The Marine Terminal Project Manager, known internally as a Field Service Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all jobs performed by the branch are properly scoped, quoted and executed safely/efficiently to meet the clients’ expectations. This individual scopes projects, provides client support, and prepares proposals/cost estimates. Environmental Projects include Marine and terminal tank cleaning projects, vacuum services, decontamination, marine operations over the water transfers and emergency response services.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Conduct walk-throughs and scope potential projects for clients including cost estimation, technical proposal preparation and client support;
- Provide technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement;
- Set-up projects; coordinate resources and scheduling; ensure proper costing/utilization of labor and equipment;
- Act as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding the customer issues;
- Interface with the customer in a professional and effective manner to update them on the project status and/or to resolve problems/issues;
- Manage large-scale field service and emergency response projects, when directed;
- Direct personnel in the operational procedures to complete assignments and understands the labor and equipment requirements to complete field service projects and emergency responses;
- Understand and work with the Field Service Coordinator in the communication of the labor, equipment and resources required to complete field service and emergency response projects;
- Participate in joint sales calls with the Account Manager;
- Oversees and is responsible for projects for health & safety, profitability, completeness and professionalism;
- Ensure proper communication to the foreman/supervisor to ensure that contractual obligations are met to complete requested services, project progression status and change orders are completed and executed, prior to any additional work being performed. Ensures the customer acknowledges change order(s);
- Review operational procedures to assure correct health & safety action plans and communicate effectively with the health & safety organization regarding on-site specific action;
- Document competitive issues and convey findings to management;
- Trains and mentors Field Services Foreman and assists the Field Service General Manager in the completion of performance reviews for individuals who they have direct or indirect supervision;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management as required by the needs of the business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred;
- 3+ years of experience in Field Services (i.e. Shipyard, Military vessels, Marine and terminal knowledge in tank cleaning, etc.);
- Experience and knowledge in the Washington and Oregon marine waterfront.
- Knowledge of scoping/pricing of Environmental Services work;
- Ability to download and review RFP’s for projects.
- Ability to work in a high demand deadline oriented environment;
- Leadership and supervisory skills;
- Knowledge of equipment, environmental regulations/statutes, safety and compliance strongly preferred;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us atwww.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.