The Vice President of Environmental Compliance opportunity involves the management of the compliance staff for a specific area of operations. Oversee the work of Compliance Managers and perform the functions of the Compliance Manager where there is no dedicated Compliance Manager. Similar functions as a Director of Compliance but more experience and more Corporate support responsibility.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Oversee and as necessary perform the following tasks and monitor follow up items to completion including: routine compliance tasks such as monitoring compliance workbenches, performing regulatory inspections, maintenance of permits, including renewals, supporting emergency response communications, generating regulatory reports, providing regulatory training as required; ensure facilities comply with applicable regulatory approvals/permit conditions as well as local, state, provincial and/or federal regulations and laws; and monitor local, state, provincial and federal regulation changes
- Participate as necessary with corporate tasks such as report generation, management of import/export documentation, research on regulatory questions as needed and other corporate compliance tasks; interfacing with regulatory agencies, as required; participate in Management Team Investigations and other incident investigations and devise and implement corrective actions; management of spills/releases from a Compliance perspective for notifications and reporting; and ensure all appropriate items are entered into the Compliance Calendar and all deadlines contained in the Compliance Calendars are met, especially deadlines for regulatory submittals;
- Weekly participate in the following when facilities under your control have items on the agenda: The Incident call; The Engineering Projects call; Missing Drum call
- Creatively seek solutions to operational issues, while remaining in compliance with applicable regulations
- Documentation: Annually review and update the Facility Profile(s) and Clean Compliance Data Collection
- Training Plan: Ensure that the deficiency report for compliance training modules and H&S modules is reviewed monthly
- Work with facility GM and H&S manager to ensure that periodic mock emergency response drills are conducted
- Develop/Mentor Compliance Guards and Compliance Managers
- Return all phone calls promptly, respond to all electronic messages when applicable, and respond to requests for information on time and without having to be reminded
- Walk the facility to review overall compliance; attend daily operations meeting and communicate issues to the team; ensure "positive reinforcement" is communicated as appropriate; and maintain a high visibility in the Plant(s)
- Continue to influence operational personnel to take ownership of Compliance issues
- Participate in disciplinary reviews to ensure that the Health and Safety Compliance Disciplinary Guidelines are implemented consistently and fairly
- Complete all performance reviews within the required time frame. The review must be completed professionally, accurately, and fairly
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- BS/BA in Environmental Science or related field
- 10+ years in Compliance
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) laws/regulations (required)
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Always requires color determination
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.