Our team in Buttonwillow, CA is looking to add a seasoned Lab Chemist II to their team! The Chemist is responsible for the routine and non-routine, sampling and analysis of samples to determine their chemical and physical properties.
This position is based in both a Laboratory and Field setting.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Great work life balance;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Performs non-routine analysis of samples following prescribed procedures, with the ability to solve minor problems;
- Calibrates and utilizes basic instrumentation, with the understanding of the underlying theories;
- Performing maintenance of equipment and suggests solutions to problems;
- Completes all paperwork associated with the analyses in a neat and timely fashion (ex., calibration logs, run logs, etc.);
- Ensures that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines;
- Proper management of waste generated as a result of analytical procedures;
- Maintaining a safe working environment that is in compliance with all applicable OSHA regulations as well as all applicable company Health and Safety and Compliance protocols;
- Performs training and other aspects of Chemica Hygiene Plan as directed
- Reviews all applicable laboratory SOPs, annually and scores a satisfactory score on SOP quizzes;
- Adhere to all applicable CHES policies and CHES SOPs;
- Performs job functions in compliance with the company standard: Clean Compliance;
- Responsible for supply management in their area of responsibility, including proper housekeeping and best management practices;
- Performs analysis of samples following prescribed procedures;
- Assign process codes for waste shipments based on test results.
- Generate pick lists of drums for processing
- Tests lab samples of all types from drummed and bulk waste shipments
- May off-load, label and sample incoming drums.
- Enter in lab and other sampling information into waste management platform.
- Enter data into administrative spreadsheets for data consideration and regulatory requirements
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School and science degree or area of study.
- Will consider 2 or 4 year science or environmental course of study (A.A. or B.S.)
- Science Degree preferred but not required;
- Previous lab experience or haz waste experience is considered an asset;
- Knowledge in local, state or federal laboratory testing credentials considered an asset;
- Understanding of math, chemistry, and chemical testi is a plus.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico.Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.