The Facility Maintenance Repair II performs hands-on maintenance activities.
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Perform maintenance activities including, but not limited to, Pump rebuilds, Preventative Maintenance, Basic installations of pipe, and electric work.
• Perform basic repairs and up-keep in the Welding, Electrical, Pipe fitting, and Mechanical disciplines.
• Acts as an assistant to higher-level maintenance personnel on larger, more complex maintenance activities.
• Operates a forklift if required and trained.
• Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensures that work meets compliance standards within facility operation.
• Maintaining a clean work environment.
• Reviews all applicable SOPs, annually, and scores a satisfactory score on SOP quizzes.
• Supply management in their area of responsibility, including proper housekeeping and best management practices.
• Adherence to all applicable CHES policies and CHES SOPs.
• Performs job functions in compliance with the company standard: Clean Compliance.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• 2 years experience in preventative maintenance or basic installations of one or more of the following: Welding, Electrical, Pipe fitting, Mechanic.
• 24 or 40 hour OSHA training and annual DOT training updates.
• Heavy equipment and forklift operator certification as directed by Maintenance Manager.
• Demonstrates basic proficiency in welding, electrical, pipe fitting, mechanical knowledge.
• Able to enter/exit heavy equipment without strain (climbing a ladder).
• Able to operate physical controls/pedals associated with the piece of equipment (manual dexterity).
• Ability to lift hoods to assist with equipment repairs.
• Ability to operate cranes/jacks to assist with lifting of heavy parts.
• Ability to maneuver in tight quarters inside of equipment.
• Ability to lie on back for extended periods during repairs.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. up to the shoulder - Hoses, Parts, etc.
• Ability to use both hand and power tools safely.
• 10 pushups, deep knee squats and sit-ups to determine if fit.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability