The Environmental Waste Program Manager (known as InSite Program Manager) leads and manages a team of employees in supporting the execution of a client’s environmental management program. The InSite Program Manager serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors daily. They are responsible for and manager the client’s hazardous waste program.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Act as resource for compliance questions/ answers; Communicate regulatory and internal policy changes to project and provide operational application guidance and interpretation.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Practices of at all times while on site; Communicate H&S feedback with technical Services H&S efforts upon request, including data capture, site review, and delivery of training content if needed.
- Support the response to environmental compliance issues, including accident/ incident investigation, agency requests and unscheduled incidents.
- Oversee the team of Clean Harbors employees on site and ensure the site is properly staffed
- Assist with preparation, collection and review of periodic environmental reports and all compliance monitoring data for Program Manager(s) with review, revision and renewal of facility permitting as needed and required by contract scope; Disseminate “Lessons learned” for benefit of program and internal company audience as appropriate.
- Create framework for and ensure implementation of best management practice (BMP) for documentation and maintenance of training records at program locations.
- Conduct facility wide compliance audits to include inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance.
- Assist with managing customer’s air, water and hazardous waste programs.
- Utilize waste management system to efficiently and accurately manage waste program, if applicable.
- Provide weekly status reports to facility management.
- Assist customer in compiling data necessary for completing the Generator’s Annual Report and other required reporting functions as required.
- Maintain adequate levels of equipment for emergency responses and ongoing projects.
- Provide waste tracking reports as needed.
- Assist with analyzing and preparing shipments of waste to lowest cost off-site TSDF or ultimate treatment facility and assist with lab packing wastes to off-site TSDF or ultimate treatment facilities.
- Assist with responding to hazardous material releases and assist in the containment and clean-up of spilled materials.
- Ensure all CH staff on site are properly trained
- Interact with hazardous waste generating personnel regarding compliance and packaging
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required (B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science preferred)
- 4+ years of environmental experience
- 3+ years of experience running a hazardous waste program
- 3+ years of managing a staff
- Management experience in areas of budgets, record keeping, supervision, planning and liability
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials and programs related to environmental health, safety, and hazardous materials management
- Familiarity with regulatory status requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators
- Proficient in Microsoft office and database software
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- CHMM certification
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.