The Technical Services Branch Manager has direct responsibility for the operational execution of Transportation & Disposal and CleanPack service lines including the oversight and management of all truck-to-truck transfer operations within their region.
Position will be in Tooele, UT.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health & Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Branch P&L Management responsibility for the Tooele Branch;
- Responsible for the daily management and supervision of CleanPack, Logistics, and Technical Service Coordinators;
- Ensure that coordinators manage labor and equipment resources to cover all customer needs and maximize utilization objectives; Manage according to rules/regulations on labor relations, OSHA, DOT and workers compensation;
- Ensure that Logistic Coordinators are working closely with RSOM regarding effective load planning and waste routing;
- Ensure that Coordinators effectively utilize the business systems that are provided to them to support their operations (Powersuite, Choice);
- Work with Compliance ensuring that truck-to-truck transfer operations meet Federal, State and Company regulatory requirements; Work with Truck to truck transfer coordinators and Central Logistics to ensure that all record keeping and reporting requirements for in transit operations are being met;
- Assist Technical Service General Manager in ensuring that billing goals are being met; Works with central billing department to identify and resolve bottlenecks in the billing process;
- May meet with customers as needed to resolve customer issues/complaints while maintaining satisfactory customer relationships;
- Ensure that Coordinators manage the appearance and maintenance of all assigned equipment; Communicate asset needs to Technical Service General Manager;
- Actively participate in morning operations meetings and sales/operations meetings;
- Responsible for job level profitability on all T&D and CleanPack jobs within region;
- Oversee CleanPack and T&D schedules to ensure that Coordinators are openly communicating and sharing resources and responsibilities where appropriate;
- Manage Health and Safety and Compliance standards of performance;
- Manage recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring, and career pathing of Coordinators, Chemists and Drivers within region;
- Participate in pricing and execution plans for CleanPack and T&D opportunities to ensure that revenue and profitability will be maximized;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- 5 years supervisory experience;
- Previous CleanPack and or Logistics Coordinator experience;
- 7 or more years industry experience (strongly preferred);
- Understanding of income statements;
- Working knowledge of environmental statutes and regulations;
- PC skills (preferred);
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills;
- Customer Service orientated;
- Working understanding of operations.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.