Our Safety Kleen location in Metairie, LA is hiring. We are currently seeking a Production Line Maintenance Mechanic for our manufacturing/bottling facility to maintain, fix, and improve equipment used in bottling and packaging operations
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages (Insert important compensation details);
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K/with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career!
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Plan, lead and execute preventative maintenance (PM) according to PM schedule to minimize equipment downtime;
- Complete reactive maintenance on production lines to recover from equipment failures by repairing mechanical, electrical, and structural component;
- Create retrofits and fabrication, complete machine tear down/repair and assembly.
- Conduct creative problem solving to identify and perform equipment improvements;
- Coach operators and peers on basic maintenance and equipment settings;
- Participate in special project work on equipment upgrades or installations;
- Work with team members and operators to ensure the daily production schedule is met;
- Maintain partnerships with team members and vendors using effective communication;
- Provide break relief to production operators or team members as needed;
- Operate a forklift as needed to complete duties.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- High school diploma or GED; additional technical training or certifications desired;
- 3 +years of previous maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated sense of urgency in completing tasks and comfort working in a high speed production environment;
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills;
- Solid computer skills, including the use of Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Experience with CMMS or ERP systems desired;
- Able to lift 100 lbs and pull 120 lbs as needed while performing work.