Clean Harbors in Tacoma, WA is looking for a Facility Operations Supervisor to support several different functions in the facility including plant operations, compliance and warehousing. This position will work a multitude of internal customers as a team to resolve issues with conforming waste.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes and acting in a safe manner at all time
- Actively participates in the full recruitment cycle and oversees the training and orientation of all personnel
- Manages employee relations, disciplinary issues and terminations of personnel with assistance from the appropriate HR representative and processes payroll
- Ensures that supervised operations/ employees understand and have ownership for area specific permit required compliance standards
- Works under the direction of the Facility General Manager
- Reviews all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and makes adjustments as required;
- Understands and drives Clean Compliance Standard
- Acts as a Community Liaison
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business
- Manages shipping and receiving staff.
- Schedules inbound and outbound waste and product shipment
- Is proficient in WIN and Microsoft Office programs.
- Has knowledge of regulations pertaining to the shipping and receiving of Hazardous Waste.
- DOT, RCRA and Washington State Regulations.
- Training- Track training progress, assign training tasks and perform training to staff as needed.
- Capable of driving yard tractor within facility.
- May rotate on-call for spill responsibility.
- Operate lift truck and fill in for staff when needed.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in Windows based computer applications
- 1+ year supervisory experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Science or Communications is an asset
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-changing environment
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.