The Compensation Manager is responsible for the design, implementation, analysis, and administration of compensation programs and processes including job evaluation, salary administration, pay for performance, base and incentive compensation plans, stock-based compensation plans, non-cash reward programs, area differentials, and supplemental pay programs supporting the Company’s short and long-term strategies and financial goals. This is a hands-on role that requires strong project management, analytical and communications skills, along with the ability to manage/partner with others to achieve common goals.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Lead and manage strategic compensation projects
- Serve as the primary point of contact for business leaders overseeing specific customer groups
- Manage day-to-day compensation operations which includes responding to customer questions and requests, compensation plan and program administration, market analysis, job levelling and pricing, compensation recommendations, etc.
- Design and administer base and incentive compensation pay programs
- Develop, instruct, assign and manage project team resources and on-site/offshore compensation analysts
- Hands-on compensation analysis and management presentation
- Develop strong customer relationships with all levels of management, relative to compensation matters impacting their business areas
- Manage vendor relationships supporting compensation technologies and services
- Help improve awareness of compensation market trends and provide business intelligence to managers in the form of market analysis, job evaluations, pay equity analysis, and guidance on external (legal) and internal (policy) requirements governing compensation (base, overtime, cash incentives, equity-based (stock) incentives, non-cash rewards)
- Maximize the utilization of available HR/compensation technologies
- Help ensure the effectiveness of mergers, acquisitions and integrations for all phases from due diligence through integration
- Other responsibilities as required to support a dynamic and growing organization
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Relations, Accounting or Liberal Arts field required; MBA/MS/MA preferred.
- 7+ years compensation experience;
- CCP preferred;
- Project Management experience
- Superior analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Large company experience
- Understanding of U.S. Compensation laws, statutes and regulations (Canada Preferred)
- Solid understanding of compensation market survey data and systems
- Experience with Payfactors, Payscale, Oracle and/or PeopleSoft preferred
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.