Clean Harbors is seeking an experienced Senior Cost Estimator/Proposal Writer who is familiar with environmental remediation, construction, tank removal, waste disposal, drilling and related technologies. Knowledge of remediation techniques, preferably with field experience. Also, the successful candidate must have strong writing and communications skills. Responsibilities include: job site visits and bid walks, cost development, bid document submittals and proposal writing. The person must be able to commute to Central TX, Louisiana or Florida which is the gulf region. Opportunity to work from home
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Scope and prepare cost estimates for large, technically complex projects involving waste site clean-up and construction, building and equipment decontamination and demolition
- Identifying Labor mix, material and time requirements for bid preparation
- Understanding the scope of work, preparing estimates by obtaining current RFQs(Request for quotes) to send out to subcontractors or suppliers
- Prepare material takeoffs from blueprint
- Preparing work flow schedules review and QC bid pricing from all vendors
- Resolving discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Participating in Site walks in support of cost estimate preparation
- Presenting prepared estimate to management
- Assist in development of technical work plans
- Ability to provide timely, concise and relevant information to superiors and subordinates
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 5+ years of field experience in commercial and/or environmental remediation
- Bachelor degree on an appropriate field( Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related disciplines
- 3+ years of field experience in construction/environmental estimating
- Have a strong understanding of environmental remediation processes
- Have the ability to read architectural plans
- Proficiency with MS Word/Microsoft Windows/ MS Project and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Be detail oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop value engineered alternatives
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.