The Soil Remediation Manager is responsible for managing large remediation projects including large clean up, soil vapor extraction, chemical injection, bio-remediation and a lot of excavation. You will have the chance to oversee up to 20,000 tons of soil, project includes dig up contaminated soil and ship to facility for decontamination process. Working with state federal, pulling permits and stay in communication with regulatory agencies LDEQ, TCEQ, EPA.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Serves as Project Manager for Remediation Technologies branch.
- Manage and oversee midsize to large remediation projects, technically complex projects involving waste site cleanup and construction, building and equipment decontamination and demolition.
- Building and closing of landfill
- Prepare proposals, including cost estimates and work scopes and schedules.
- Acts as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding the customer issues.
- Oversee field supervisors and technicians in order to meet project objectives and remedial budget expectations.
- Manages procurement for projects including materials, equipment rental, temporary labor, and subcontractors.
- Provides technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement.
- Enforce the policies and procedures as it relates to Health & Safety. Will be measured off the districts health and safety record. Works closely with the Director of Health and Safety in resolving issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Job requires typical travel up to four (4) weeks at a time from home and may be extended to six (6) weeks upon the request of Sr. Management. Travel to and from a project site via commercial airlines. While home, still responsible for oversight of assigned project(s). Must have personal credit card to cover costs at hotels for incidentals and other reimbursable company expenditures
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related disciplines.
- 5+ years experience in environmental, remediation.
- Cost estimating and computer experience.
- Ability to review and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong environmental remediation background and experience.
- In depth knowledge of remedial technologies.
- Proficient in Windows based activities.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong customer management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal silks.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations governing remedial sites.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.