Clean Harbors Norwell MA is looking for a Proposal Manager to join their safety conscious team! The Proposal Manager is responsible for developing, preparing and writing proposals for large complex solicitation requests for all lines of business within the Remediation Organization, including leading and coordinating the proposal preparation and approval process, including Legal, Risk and Pricing review.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Read and closely review large complex solicitations/requests, including developing detailed action plans and steps required to accurately respond to each request based upon the customer's evaluation criteria. Implement, monitor, and manage each plan to completion.
- Gather and prepare written documents that will become part of the proposal response submitted to the customer, including technical writing. Complete all steps necessary for the development of a comprehensive proposal, including submitting the proposal on time. Develop written questions and comments for solicitations.
- Manage, coordinate and solicit information from other departments, across multiple levels of the organization that is necessary for accurate completion of bid response that ensures quality and timely proposals.
- Communicate with other internal departments to maximize efficiencies. Communicate pricing format and requirements to business management team and provide input on the development of pricing strategies. Solicit competitive pricing/technical information in from sales team.
- Develop and ensure up to date basic company information, collaborating with other company departments to compile "boiler plate" information.
- Facilitate conference calls and meetings to gather data/information, develop operational strategies and price reviews.
- Assist Proposal Development Manager with development and implementation of quality improvement initiatives in order to continually advance proposal product.
- Communicate winning pricing to contract administrative personnel for entry into the database.
- Provide post mortem follow-up to determine loss criteria when necessary.
- Develop and use knowledge to improve winning proposals by providing feedback on pricing and positioning strategies
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+years experience within the industry and/or proposal development.
- Knowledge to build complex spreadsheets using Excel and graphs/charts using Power Point. BS/BA in environmental or related discipline
- Proficiency in MS Windows based applications
- Able to facilitate and lead meetings that are organized and productive.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to effectively work well and communicate with peers and all levels of management including executive staff.
- Works Independently.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with constant deadlines.
- Self-starter and results oriented
- Must be able to work off hours to meet deadlines when necessary
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.