Clean Harbors Norwell location is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join their safety conscious team! This role will support key executives and managers by delivering analytical models and developing applications for pricing review. Advanced data base management skills are required.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/ with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- New Deal Evaluation: Evaluate lubricant deals using standard and custom-developed tools including bids, toll-blending, and multi-product segment opportunities
- Ongoing Deal Support: Evaluate price change requests vs. Evolving market conditions and/ or corporate profitability objectives; participate as required in customer periodic business reviews and/ or pricing audits
- Pricing Analytics: Lead mass pricing actions including (but not limited to) market price increases, part number transitions, temporary pricing support, and promotional activities; conduct ad-hoc analysis using existing databases and custom-developed models; assist in setting regional list prices based on assessment of available competitive intelligence
- Pricing Toolkit Development: Maintain and enhance standard pricing tools used by direct and indirect sales channels; develop custom deal evaluation models for large and/ or complex deals which require additional or nuanced handling; develop standard reporting suite to facilitate margin analysis and administrative gaps
- Pricing Governance: Evaluate and recommend deal approval thresholds based on size and margin potential; review customer actual vs. estimated performance and recommend actions to adjust pricing, if needed; review cost changes for fast-moving and other critical products to determine impact to company profitability
- Pricing Leadership: Present and defend pricing recommendations to Sales and other senior pricing stakeholders, participate as required in senior leadership pricing reviews; support and mentor Pricing Analysts
- And perform other duties as required and prioritized by the VP of Pricing Management
- What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Education and Experience: Bachelor degree from an accredited 4-year college or university, with 5+ years of related experience or equivalent experience of education and experience. Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in MS Excel (including mathematical/ conditional/ referential formulas, pivot tables, and data modeling), PowerPoint and Word; knowledge in MS Power BI, Power Query, and Power View will be a strong advantage, as will database management skills (e.g., SQL, MS Access, etc.) and experience using Salesforce.com
- Analytical & Problem-Solving Skills: Deploys a systematic approach to evaluating pricing requests and can adapt it as required to meet new requirements; gathers and interprets quantitative and qualitative data using a variety of sources; can translate business requirements into models that may be evaluated under a variety of conditions
- Reasoning Skills: Able to assess the drivers of cost and profitability vs. varying market and customer-specific conditions; synthesizes information across varied data sources and complements with intuition and experience to recommend pricing strategies and/ or tactics; includes the appropriate stakeholders in decisions and can defend prior actions
- Communication Skills: Speaks/ writes clearly and persuasively, identifying key findings and takeaways and tailoring messaging style to the intended audience; listens well and requests clarification, if required; is comfortable presenting findings in a group environment, including at company leadership levels
- Interpersonal Skills: Acts with urgency to perform tasks quickly while demonstrating attention to detail; is accountable for the accuracy and quality of all produced deliverables; commits to long hours of work when necessary to achieve goals; is flexible regarding changing priorities; values the opinions of a diverse group of stakeholders and treats all people with respect
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.