Clean Harbors is looking for a Environmental Manifest Compliance Coordinator to join their safety conscious team! This role will identify problems in our compliance system. This person will work with our facilities and transportation team to make sure all work is compliant and correct any issues that arise, then identify and fix the root cause.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Responsible for tracking hazardous waste manifests that are approaching their compliance limit and ensuring actions are taken to receive the manifests within applicable deadlines.
- Working in the Facility Compliance Dashboard, review the status of all manifests >30 days old. Identify any that do not appear to be able to reach their destination within 45 days and work with Operations to develop an alternate plan.
- Assign responsibility for each manifest depending on the manifest location and hold regular meetings with applicable parties to review.
- Work closely with the Schedule Coordinators, Logistics, and Facility Operations to prioritize the scheduling and receiving of trailers with manifests approaching or exceeding their compliance date.
- Work with appropriate personnel (Facility Operations, Central Profile, Routing Management, Sales etc.) to have manifests received at alternate locations as required.
- Provide daily status updates to Management on the current number of manifests out of compliance and those approaching their compliance date.
- Identify the cause of each late manifest and work with applicable personnel (Routing Management, Logistics, Facility Operations, etc.) to develop action plans preventing future issues.
- Hold periodic calls with Management to discuss current issues and advise on suggested procedures and corrective actions.
- Performs other assignments as assigned by management.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- A.S./B.S. degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or related field (preferred)
- 5-10 years industry/regulations experience (required)
- Knowledge of RCRA and DOT regulations/laws (preferred)
- Intimate Knowledge of WIN WEB Least Cost Routing (preferred)
- Good communication and organizational skills (required)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Team and Access (required)
- 2-3 years PC experience (required)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks (required)
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.