Clean Harbors is currently seeking a Technical Services Project Manager to hold responsibility for coordination between the customers and operations to ensure all services are scheduled and performed within contract requirements and customer expectations. The Project Manager will be responsible for implementing standard operating procedures related to assigned customers and monitoring key performance indicators for service and facility operations.
Candidate can sit in Spokane, Clackamas or Kent.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Work with customers and branch operations to schedule services within contract requirements and customer expectations.
- Interfaces with customers in a professional and effective manner to update them on service status and/or to resolve problems/issues.
- Generate and review all customer required reports.
- Ensure all customer data is correctly entered into company systems. This includes site data, profiles, and pricing contracts.
- Establishes an in-depth knowledge of industry regulations and requirements. Must be the "go to" person for info related to the applicable industry.
- Review key performance indicators for service and facility operations. Work with operations to improve or correct performance as needed.
- Review all invoices for accuracy and adherence to customer contracts. Create invoice summary reports for customers as needed.
- Work with service personnel to quote off-contract services for customer.
- Maintain standard operating procedures and communicate changes or updates to operations. Monitor the adherence to standard procedures through system data and customer feedback.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Valid Driver’s License is required
- 3+ years of hazardous waste experience
- Familiarity with WADOE regulations is preferred
- RCRA and DOT certifications are a bonus
- Strong customer service skills; ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Strong collaborations skills; ability to facilitate service team approach to ensure customer satisfaction and follow-through
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel 10%
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.