InSite Chemist - San Diego,CA
Location: San Diego, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2021
Category: Chemical Tech & Management
Job ID: 71258
The Field Chemist works both indoors and outdoors at plants, labs, and customer sites which includes working in a hospital setting and is responsible for assisting with daily labpacks within customer facilities, household hazardous waste (HHW) collections and lab moves. Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time
- Loading, packaging and segregation of materials and waste products
- Does quality control check and sorts bins according to the retail contract
- Assisting the Lead Field Chemist with the execution of assigned labpack projects
- Ensure drum count is correct and that drum conditions are shippable in accordance to the policies and procedures of Clean Harbors.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Labpack experience is a plus
- Clean driving record and reliable vehicle (will be given mileage reimbursement)
- 1+ years of related experience
- 40 hour HAZWOPER training preferred
- Unknown handling certification (preferred but not required)
- Will work daily at customer site
- Shift is set schedule: Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Potential paid overtime and can work weekends on occasion
- Conducting hazardous waste (battery waste, alkaline, ink. etc.) pickups from 11 to 12 departments and deliver to the proper area for disposal at the facility
- chemical managment
- Paperwork, manifests, labeling, etc.
- Computer savvy
- Must be health and safety oriented
Why work for Clean Harbors?
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career