Healthcare Insight Chemist - San Diego, CA
Location: San Diego, CA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 3, 2021
Category: Chemical Tech & Management
Job ID: 71232
The Healthcare Insite Chemist will be working at one of our customers facilities in San Diego full time and permanently. This person will be responsible for assisting with daily labpacks and collections of hazardous waste within this customer facility. Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time
- Loading, packaging and segregation of materials and waste products
- Does quality control check and sorts bins according to the retail contract
- Ensure drum count is correct and that drum conditions are shippable in accordance to the policies and procedures of Clean Harbors.
- Working the field at client site(s), servicing hospitals and medical office buildings in North County San Diego
- Will user personal vehicle and will be paid mileage with reimbursement on next pay period *
- Make chemical pick-ups throughout customer facility as directed
- Conduct packaging and disposal of waste
- Must wear proper PPE
- Work with local branch to schedule pick-ups
- Shift: Monday-Friday with 5:30 a.m. start, end of shift time varies based on volume
- Paid overtime at time and one half after 8 hours in the workday
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Labpack experience is a plus
- 1+ years of related experience
- 40 hour HAZWOPER training preferred
- Unknown handling certification (preferred but not required)
Why work for Clean Harbors?
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video! Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career