Hazardous Material Tech II - Compton,CA
Location: Compton, CA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021
Job ID: 71044
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Make chemical pickups throughout customer facility as directed.
- Conduct chemical bulking/consolidation as required.
- Proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance.
- Ensure work area maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- Participate in spill response on customer’s site as needed.
- Attend all compliance and safety update meetings.
- Inspect drums for container integrity and regulatory compliance.
- Operate fork lift in a safe manner.
- Safe loading and unloading of waste hauling vehicles.
- Conduct waste stream sampling and profiling as necessary.
- Assist with all Clean Harbors activities on site as needed.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ years of related work experience.
- 40 Hour OSHA, DOT and Forklift Training.
- Grade 4 Industrial Wastewater License preferred.
- Attention to detail, able to take and follow direction, and to perform multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in Windows based applications preferred.
- Ability to interface with customers.
- Clean Driving record