Clean Harbors is seeking a Sr. Benefits Analyst to join their safety conscious team! The Sr Benefits Analyst contributes to the development and deployment of COE Benefit programs; facilitates the execution and administration of retirement / health and welfare plans in U.S. and Canada; performs analytical and advisory functions; provides advanced-level counsel and service to employees.
Why work for Clean Harbors
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Administers and communicates health and welfare and retirement program features and enrollment requirements for U.S. and Canada; assists in development and delivery of strategies to communicate and educate management, team members and employees;
- Serves as lead or supports Benefits Manager on large scale projects such as implementation of systems, benefits plans and annual open enrollment.;
- Assists benefit transitions with mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, including but not limited to, analysis of plans;
- Assists with annual benefits budget process; provides cost analyses and identifies areas of potential cost savings, estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses.;
- Ensures compliance with applicable government regulations; ensures timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees;
- Evaluates and updates Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions, enrollment packets, new hire orientation, open enrollment materials, and ongoing marketing or educational materials;
- Reviews and assesses efficiency of internal / external procedures and processes; document processes; recommends appropriate changes or efficiency/cost improvements;
- Researches and resolves complex benefits issues and cases for retirement and benefit plans;
- Maintains and develops relationships with third party administrators, insurers, and other vendors;
- Ensures retirement plans meet regulations through analysis and audits.;
- Manage activities and funding of Health Savings Account (HSA) and Retirement Plans (401(k), RRSP/DPSP, Pension) including researching employee questions and monitoring deferrals and contributions.;
- Preparation of all reporting, including but not limited to Form 5500s, Summary Annual Reports, non-discrimination testing and auditing, annual retirement plan audits;
- Perform ongoing data validation to ensure ACA 1094 and 1095-C IRS filings are correct and in compliance;
- Review and reconcile vendor discrepancy reports and conduct benefit audits as required;
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and provide continuous support to Total Rewards team members;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma and specialized training required, Bachelors degree preferred;
- 5-7 years Benefits Administration experience;
- 5-7 years CEBS, CBP accreditation strongly preferred;
- Experience with U.S. and Canadian retirement, benefits, collective bargaining agreements;
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and with external providers;
- Effective organizational and multi tasking skill set, and ability to set priorities and meet tight deadlines;
- Superior detail orientation; values accuracy and has high standards around quality of work;
- Expert Excel skills and strong MS Office skills;
- Oracle HR; Benefits systems; ADP;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Customer and solutions focused;
- Oral and written communication skills; ability to conduct meetings/presentations in a professional manner;
- Strategic thinking skills; handles complex issues and problems;
- Project management;
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Social Security and DOL requirements
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.